If the custom tunes are currently sold out, please put your name on the tuning waiting list and you will be placed in priority sequence for the next available tuning slot.
How to Get Started on a Stratified Tune:
- First, make sure you have a Cobb AccessPort. If you do not have a COBB AP, we can deliver these to you along with any other aftermarket parts you may need for your Mazda. Please Contact Us.
- Make sure all the modifications on your car are installed correctly and the vehicle is running without mechanical issues.
- Read what you get as part of the tuning package at the bottom of the page.
- Select the correct options for your tune, and purchase the tune. If the tunes are sold out, new tuning slots are usually opened up at the beginning of each week.
- Once you purchased the tune you will be contacted via email and asked to fill an online tuning form. Your tuner will review your answers to the tuning form before beginning the session:
Now on to the details ...
The Mazdaspeed3/MPS3 and Mazdaspeed6/MPS6 vehicles are very potent and stand alone in terms of price, performance, and technology. They were some of the first vehicles to offer a turbocharged direct injected engine (DISI) and the control system is both powerful and complex.
It has taken years to uncover the potential of the platform but now - with the availability of powerful flash tuning solutions such as the Cobb AccessPort, the end user has limitless tuning capabilities at their finger tips.
One of the great aspects of the MazdaSpeed/MPS vehicles is that unlike the old days, you don't need to take the car to the dyno to tune it. It comes with a stock wideband sensor, a very sensitive knock sensor, and high resolution logging of engine parameters and calculations that allow you to not only change the air fuel ratios and ignition advance - but to actually graph the performance gains!
The question becomes how do you properly change the 160+ tuning tables to obtain a safe and powerful tune for YOUR modifications and vehicle?
This is where we come in. Our professional tuners can tune a vehicle anywhere in the world thourgh datalogs or even live, remotely on a dyno. We've been part of the platform development since the beginning, are certified Pro Tuners, and we're here to help you achieve the most from your vehicle and tune - remotely or in person!
We're dedicated to customer satisfaction and our consultation service not only ensures your car is running at its best - but that you also know your vehicle better at the end of the process.
Below is a dyno comparison between our custom tune (red) and a COBB Stage 2 OTS (off the shelf) tune (blue) on the same vehicle with the stock turbo and and exact same modifications on the same dyno. This customer was thousands of miles away and we worked with him to achieve excellent results. There just isn't any other modification that is a bigger "bang for the buck" out there and that also ensures the safety of your engine. Read more on our blog and see some more dyno results.
To sign up and get tuned, all you need to own a Cobb AP. Once you have made payment we will be in touch with how the tuning process will happen within no more than 24 hours.
What you get as part of the tuning package:
- A one-on-one Professional Tuner with hundreds if not thousands of hours of experience on the Focus ST engine and platform whom you can contact via e-mail or phone.
- A tune that is refined specifically for your car, your modifications, your gas quality and your goals.
- You and the tuner share maps, data logs, and you tell your tuner how you'd like the car to drive, address issues of concern, and work towards your power, safety, and driveability goals.
- The tuner will send you new maps that you flash on the vehicle and then send datalogs as well as feedback on how the car drives and runs.
- Remember that your tuner has a lot of experience so if something doesn't look right or if issues pop up, they will be able to pick these out and alert you as well as offer possible solutions.
- Your tuner can also recommend parts and modifications that will help you achieve your desired goals if changes need to made to your car's current setup.We can supply pretty much any parts for the vehicles we support and tune so let us know if you need any parts.
This process goes on until you and the tuner are satisfied with the results. A standard tune has a 4 week timeframe but accommodations can be made to suit your and your tuner's schedules. Each option you add (secondary maps, big turbos) extend the tuning time by an extra week. Our goal is to respond to your datalogs/questions within 48 hours. Sometimes we get very busy and if the tuner is not able to meet this deadline, the tuning time is extended to finalize the tune. We are driven and passionate about achieving excellent results for your tune. Due to this every map iteration during the tuning process will be carefully built to be driveable and safe while building up to the final product. If there is an emergency or an unexpected result that needs immediate attention, contact us through our online form for a more immediate response.
Part changes during the tuning process: Your car should have all the parts installed and working well before starting the tune. Sometimes, during the tuning process, you will need to change a part that affects the tune and requires some back tracking. If a part that affects tuning is changed, there is a top up tune charge.
Please select the correct options when purchasing a tune for your vehicle. Below is a description of what each option entails.
Non-Stock Turbo: Any turbo other than OEM (such as a big turbo, hybrids, or different wastegates/wg actuators than OEM) will require more fine tuning.
Alternative Fuel Map (E85/race gas/methanol): Alternative fuels such as E85 have some great performance benefits.
Secondary map for special purposes (Auto-X, winter): This is if you'd like a second map that is based on the original but built for a special purpose such as Auto-X with lower boost, or for winter.
Stratified Guardian Angel Overboost Protection: This is our Guardian Angel that prevents engine damaging overboost should a boost line pop off or something happen while you're driving. The Guardian Angel also controls your BOV/BPV for faster response and provides a 4 bar MAP sensor output. If purchased together with a tune, there is a $10 discount on the Guardian Angel from regular pricing.
Any further questions - please feel free to Contact Us. Please remember to check your email for the online Tuning Form after you have purchased the tune. This document tells you how to take required datalogs and the tuning form inside the document must be completed prior to starting the tune itself.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 13 August, 2011.